T&C welcome.

Welcome to the T&C Lures blog! We are a small company out of San Diego, CA that's just starting out. Read on and learn more about T&C and our awesome hand poured plastic baits such as the Swim Grub! In the main page of our blog we will be posting updates on new products, new colors, and plenty of fishing reports from both us and our fans. Also check us out on Facebook.



Friday, December 3, 2010

A little freshwater Calikiller report!


A couple of weeks ago, I had ordered some Calikiller grubs from Kevin in some freshwater colors to try out on some local piggies. So far most people had only been using the smaller grubs for jig trailers, but this is a big bait that is 5 inches long and has a thumping tail and I had bigger plans for this bait then on the back of a jig. I have fished this bait for about 5 trips so while I don't have as much experience with the bait to prove its usefulness in many conditions, today it proved itself to be pretty worthy. I got to Lake Poway at around noon today and started off at some of my usual spots. I didn't have any bites so I started looking around to some different spots. I figured, hey why not toss the Calikillers to see what I can muster up. I made a good 50 casts or so for nada and the fish just weren't cooperating it seemed. I made a few more and am glad I did because as I was dragging this bait deep, I got a bite. FINALLY! Didn't feel like much at first, but this fish took off! Really ran off a lot of line and snuggles up in some deep structure! Great! I pulled up my anchor and chased the fish down and got right on top of it and with a few strong pulls, she came loose and headed straight for the surface. I tried to keep her down but she came up and did some good head shakes. I motored over and grabbed her and BOOM fish landed.

***Although 5" calikillers are not for sale just yet, they are available for custom orders. Please email me at tclures@hotmail.com for details.