T&C welcome.

Welcome to the T&C Lures blog! We are a small company out of San Diego, CA that's just starting out. Read on and learn more about T&C and our awesome hand poured plastic baits such as the Swim Grub! In the main page of our blog we will be posting updates on new products, new colors, and plenty of fishing reports from both us and our fans. Also check us out on Facebook.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Leadhead progress part 2

I've got the kinks worked out of my molds now and the pouring is going great!

The powder coating is not going so great so far, though.  The football heads paint perfectly but I'm having trouble getting a perfect coating on the shad heads. I'm working on getting some equipment that will help me make the process more consistent. 

Next step is to work on getting a consistent epoxy coating.  The eyes on my jigheads will hopefully never fall off!

Here's the first batch of shad heads:













Here's a preview of a completed shad head:












And a 3/4 oz football head for the deep runners:





















I still haven't decided on the final color roster.  Most likely they will be dark colors so I will only have to do 1 coat of paint. 

My next batch will be complete with the weedguard and I will hopefully have a few for testers.